Feb 14, 2014

Waiting for you...

All of us have someone in our life - someone we like, we ache for, we love but are afraid to let them know.
This is for that special person.


Dear Rain
Here you come again
Falling noisily on my window
Knocking on it loudly
Hoping I let you in

Obliging, I open the window
Letting a fine breeze touch me
Fresh and pure
Feeling the gentle gusts I close my eyes, 
Take a deep breath 
The fresh scent of earth
Reminding me how much i love it! 

The round rain drops on my face, 
Transport me to another land
A place where i was with you
When it rained
when you ran around the field
Cupping your big hands, 
to hold the drops and splash it
straight on my face
And laughed - mission accomplished!

I frowned, disapproving
Chasing you all over the field
Seeking revenge... and yet
When i stumbled over something
i couldn't see in the rain
You came back
holding my little feet gently
kissing it,
relieving me of the pain
When you held my hand
Tight and yet gentle
Under the big oak tree
And made a promise 
Of everlasting love, 
Of unfathomable care,
Of unbreakable trust!

I open my eyes to see myself  
A lonely reflection in the window  
Staring at the clouds pouring down
I smile
I do i miss you but I'm glad
You kept all the promises.. 
And you will..For years to come
I love you me dear Pied Piper!

Looking out of the window.. 
I feel the strong gust of wind
It isn't rain that touched me
I'm wet with emotions, 
I smile again
And mutter a silent prayer

Dear rain,
Will you be my messenger?
And carry my love? 
If you see the Piper,
Tell him his music still lingers in the air
It still enchants me
Tell him... I'll follow him everywhere
Tell him... I'll love him
Regardless of time and space, 
I don't promise eternal love
But love as long as I live!
Amen.

No comments: