On a lazy summer night as I gazed at the sky
The bright for my company, we cheered for each other
A mild breeze blew as I closed my eyes
The silence around taking me to my dreamland
A cruel place it is, the real world around
And yet I smiled,
For my land was no place for anger or hatred
for jealousy or ego, for betrayal or self pride
T’was my world, my dreamland.
Filled with eternal love in its every corner
Wonder did I, looking back
when didst I have a place to call my very own?
The quest began with a gentle flashback
The loud thunders with a rowdy breeze
The heavy rain and solitude to my company
As I spent yet another the dull night, hoping against odds
That my Zorro will appear with the next flash of lightening
My hero, riding a white horse
Tearing the dark sky with his silver sword
Holding me in his arms and taking me someplace
Far away… to my dreamland!!
The wait was long but come did he,
when the expectations were least
Bringing along unbound happiness and joy
I could never dream of
I felt a rainbow of emotions all at once
Anger, jealousy, passion and most prominent of all
Love!!
Zorro had cast his magic on me
The Aragon with his magic sword
The lord of the rings claiming his queen.
Together we shared a dream of a wonderful future
Blessed by all, oozing with confidence
We created a place for our dreams
For didn’t they say- fortune favors the brave?
Resolutions and promises and many prayers
To thank for the unique bond of endless love
Of companionship, which otherwise I’d never know
The night was still dark and stars still shiny
The cold breeze once again kisses my face
A slight caress and I woke up with a jerk
Was it all just a dream?
Did the Zorro ever come?
I Frowned, as a brief sorrow passed
Alas! I’d never know for I missed out the end.
It was then that I saw two shadows outlined by the moon
There sat my Zorro right next to me
Holding my hands!!
I let out a laugh, a loud one for that
For years have passed and I have lived my dream
Memories.. sweet memories!
Strange is life yet I love its ways
As my Zorro and I, looked back to see
If we kept all the promises we made to keep!!
Of the dream we were living in, I now knew the end
It is a fairy tale love story
And such stories never end!
No comments:
Post a Comment